main goals when going to a friends house:
-don’t clog toilet
Trying to remember an answer when taking a test
Remembering the answer after you’ve turned the test in
THANK YOU, GOOD LUCK HAMSTER.
When I say people want to see more diversity in stories, no, I really don’t mean different stories about straight white dudes. I really, really don’t mean that at all. This isn’t about types of stories being told. This is specifically about people. I’m not letting you make this about something else. You are not hijacking this message to make sure we’re still talking about straight white dudes.You, sirs, are part of the problem. *stink eye*
people who laugh so hard at their own jokes that they can’t even finish the joke because they’re laughing so hard are my favorite kind of people
well, i think the same things that we do to support anyone we share community with but have social power over:
- listen when trans women speak.
- believe what trans women say about our own needs.
- understand that we don’t always state things in a way that comes across as rational or calm. trans women are dying all the time and shouting / anger is a totally appropriate response to this situation.
- think about what you’re doing. if its not something that trans women, and particularly trans women of color, are excited about or interested in, maybe consider supporting them in their projects instead.
- center the people who are most at risk and most suffering from oppression. this means housing, jobs, healthcare and support for trans women should be the cornerstones of trans activism - along with the things that trans women in your community state are the most pressing goals.
- support us, back us up, stand up for us. even when its a popular queer who’s abusing us. even when we’re a mess. we’re usually gonna be a mess.
Reblog this! People need to know and protect their Tumblr, my friend clicked this and it doesn’t let her on Tumblr anymore!
I could write a whole book on this, but I’m going to boil it down to the good stuff.
- It Will Not Be Earth-like. Your aliens may have different sexes (like this yeast, which has A and Alpha sexes) or the same sexes, it doesn’t matter: their ideas of gender and gender identity are going to be radically different than Earth’s. Your aliens will definitely have a different form of organization that will not be male + female + offspring. They may have a similar economic system, but I doubt it. Their objects will be completely different because they will have developed for a species without the five fingers-short palm-opposable thumb configuration we enjoy. Don’t limit yourself to variations on Earth cultures. Go wild!
- Variation. Many sci-fi worlds think totally the same, whether they’re all pointy-eared logicians or sluggish crime lords. We have much variation in our world and there’s no reason an alien world wouldn’t have the same. In creating an alien “culture”, keep in mind it should only apply to a part of alien culture as a whole. (Aliens also tend to look the same, when there are often variations among a species. More of a worldbuilding question, but you should consider phenotypic variation.)
- What do they value? This is one of the most important questions in worldbuilding. You can literally create a whole culture around what people value. Money? America. Peace? Hippie movement. Themselves? Romanticism.
Homoerotic subtext? Tumblr. So ask yourself what is most valuable to these aliens. That is what will receive precedence in their thoughts, politics, goals, economy, everything. That is what will shape and define them the most. I like starting with this question because then other considerations are easy: just focus them on letting beings achieve their value or values.
- There’s hella variables. Hella = a lot more than you think. I did a huge post on worldbuilding questions here. It’s probably two hundred questions long and I don’t think I covered everything. A post like that is probably more involved than you want it to be, so just answer these questions: What do they value? What do they believe in? How do they wage war (doesn’t need to be violent)? What forms (romantic, familial, platonic, other) of attachment are there? What is forbidden and why? What is their art like? What is their economy like? What - if any - government do they have? What is the biggest crime one can commit? What is the greatest act one can commit?
CATS HAVE LIMITED OBJECT PERMANENCE AND DON’T ALWAYS UNDERSTAND THAT TWO DIFFERENT DOORS CAN LEAD TO THE SAME ROOM
YUP, THAT’S WHY. CATS ARE BIG DUMMIES AND OFTEN SEE NO REASON WHY TWO DIFFERENT DOORS SHOULD LEAD TO THE SAME PLACE, SO THEY FIGURE THEY’LL CHECK IF IT’S ALSO RAINING IN THE OTHER OUTSIDE BEHIND THE OTHER DOOR.
WHEN THE PROPRIETOR OF THIS BLOG WAS A CHILD, THE KITCHEN LED INTO THE DINING ROOM, WHICH LED INTO THE LIVING ROOM, WHICH LEAD INTO THE FRONT HALLWAY, WHICH LED BACK INTO THE KITCHEN, SO WHEN THE CATS WERE HUNGRY, THEY WOULD CHECK THEIR BOWLS, SEE THAT THEY WERE EMPTY, AND WALK ALL THE WAY AROUND THE HOUSE TO SEE IF THE OTHER BOWLS IN THE OTHER KITCHEN WERE ALSO EMPTY.
below average height strong girl with a tall gentle girlfriend that giggles nervously when she is lifted into her girlfriend’s arms
sometimes i get a smoothie too.
See how easy it is to do it right
Pretty much what I’ve done the entire time I’ve been on Tumblr.
cis privilege, my friends.
Good allies make me happy :)
stop calling transmisogyny transphobia
Autum Ashante was accepted into the University of Connecticut at age 13.
Stephen R. Stafford II entered Morehouse College at the age 11 with three majors.
Tony Hansberry II at age 14 developed a time reducing method for hysterectomies at Shands Hospital
Honor them by sharing this post.